Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is being aggressive with their new business plan. On June 27, the giant Japanese automaker announced they plan on putting out one new Nissan model, every six weeks, for six years
Effective immediately, "Nissan Power 88" emphasizes Nissan's brand, sales power enhancement, growth, sustainability, and expanded mobility for drivers worldwide. A plan that cane be described as hardcore, the company's ultimate goal is to attain eight percent market share and grow its corporate operating profit by eight percent, by fiscal year 2016.
How is Nissan going to accomplish this ambitious feat? When all is said and done, this initiative, which in fact is only a small piece of the pie, will grow Nissan's global lineup to 66 vehicles and address over 90 percent of all auto markets and industry segments.
Other strategic components of the "Nissan Power 88" plan, include:
- The introduction of 90 new, advanced technologies (averaging 15 per year)
- Expanding the idea of "mobility for all" with dedicated new entry-level cars and light commercial vehicles, and a stronger focus on emerging markets
- Continued emphasis on sustainable mobility with further development in the areas of zero-emission vehicles and low-emission technologies that support PURE DRIVE
- Cumulative EV sales goal for the Renault-Nissan Alliance of 1.5 million units
- Addition of new plant in Brazil
- Infiniti brand growth
- Establishing the Nissan brand as leading light commercial vehicle manufacturer worldwide
- And more
Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO talked about the announcement and said, "'Nissan Power 88' is the roadmap for our company's profitable growth. We will accelerate our growth, bringing more innovation and excitement to our products and services as well as cleaner, more affordable cars for everyone around the world, in line with the energy and environment challenges of the 21st century."1
In Short: Get ready for more exciting announcements from Nissan. To stay up to date on all the new developments and more, check the Superior Nissan blog. We are conveniently located at 3372 North College Avenue Fayetteville, AR, and dedicated to keeping you informed.
Source: 1 http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/27/nissan-announces-power-88-business-plan-all-new-vehicles-ever/