The new Nissan Versa is one of the hottest-selling cars in the entire sub-compact market right now, claiming just over 24-percent market share as of the end of December 2011. So if you think you've been seeing an increasing number of the Nissan Versa driving around Fayetteville recently, it's no coincidence.
Last month Nissan Versa sales were at a high demand and hit 9,939 - approximately double the sales of its closest competitor. Compared to its sixth-closest competitor, the Fiat 500, the Nissan Versa performed nearly four-times as well. To put this trend into better even perspective: There are a total of 12 cars competing in the sub-compact segment, not including the Versa. That puts the Nissan Versa's most distant rival off the map, perhaps sinking somewhere in the Atlantic.
2012 Nissan Versa Specs and Features- Nissan Versa Sedan Starting M.S.R.P.: $10,990
- Nissan Versa Hatchback Starting M.S.R.P.: $14,480
- Available as a sporty Hatchback or more conventional Sedan
- Sedan's Competitive Characteristics: The most front and rear headroom and legroom per $ of any vehicle in the U.S.
- Hatchback's Competitive Characteristics: Class-leading legroom and ultra-conservative 34 mpg - plus Nissan's quintessential performance
- Seats: Five
- Steering-wheel mounted call buttons
- In-Dash Vehicle Health Stats: Service interval info., miles to empty, and average and real-time mpg
- Suite of Advanced Safety Features: Six airbags, ABS, electronic-brake force distribution, brake assist, brake override technology
- First vehicle in all of North America to ever utilize Nissan's very own PUREDRIVE which serves both to enhance fuel economy and reduce CO
- Available Nissan Navigation System
As you can see, while the new Nissan Versa is a sub-compact, it is really quite massive in terms of both passenger room and personality... And, those are just some of the reasons Nissan calls the 2012 Versa a "Big Little Car".
Still having a hard time imagining exactly what it's like. Visit our Nissan dealership in Fayetteville today and take the Nissan Versa for a Spin. A word of advice: Remember to bring a tall friend with you to test out the car's acclaimed rear legroom and headroom.